What is Microstroking?
Microstroking is cosmetic tattooing, also referred to as microblading, feathered brows, embroidery, 3d brows, micropigmentation or dermal implantation. This technique is achieved by implanting pigment in the dermal layer of the skin using a hand tool to manually create strokes that resemble eyebrow hairs. The hand tool is a grouping of needles affixed to a handle (this tool is disposable and sterile).
What is Ombré Eyebrows?
Ombré is cosmetic tattooing. This technique achieves a natural soft powder look by building the pigment layer by layer producing a gradient of color from dark to light. This mimics the natural color progression of the brow from the tail to the bulb. Ombré is less selective in terms of ideal candidacy and can be more successful for those with oily skin, aging skin, acne prone skin, sensitive skin, and even those who have had previous permanent makeup.
Microstroking is the perfect service for those who want to fill in thin/sparse eyebrows, eyebrows with bald spots, total brow reconstruction or alopecia. You can wake up to perfectly groomed eyebrows everyday without worrying about filling them in with makeup. No more stress of your eyebrows smearing or disappearing throughout the day.
What is Hybrid Eyebrows?
Hybrid is cosmetic tattooing. You get the best of both worlds with this technique. The hybrid brows combines the hairstrokes of microstroking plus the shading of ombré creating an overall dimensional look. This technique is good for those who have particular emptiness in their brows or patchy spots, and/or for those who just want a fuller looking brow.
Esthetic Haus is licensed by The State of Illinois Department of Public Health as a Body Art Establishment.
About the Service
To keep discomfort to a minimum, anesthetic creams are used before and during the procedure.
Please note: Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first 10 days. This is common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.
- Pregnant or nursing
- Accutane (must be off for 1 year)
- Prone to Keloids
- Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker/Defibrillator/Heart Conditions
- Organ transplant
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Botox in the past 2 weeks
If you are on the following medications
- Triflusal (Disgren)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix)
- Prasugrel (Effient)
- Ticagrelor (Brilinta)
- Ticlopidine (Ticlid)
- Cilostazol (Pletal)
- Vorapaxar (Zontivity)
- Dipyridamole (Persantine
- Pradaxia (dibigatran)
- Xarelto (rivaraxaban)
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Savaysa (edoxaban)
- Do not tan or have a sunburned face.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil or Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- No alcohol or caffeine 2 days before the procedure.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before the procedure.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No tweezing/ waxing at least 48 hours before procedure; electrolysis no less than five days before. Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least three weeks.
- Do not workout the day of the procedure
- 4-5 hours after your procedure clean your brows with distilled or boiled water at room temperature with cotton balls, pads or gauze. Squeeze out the excess water from cotton ball, pad or gauze so that they are not saturated before wiping off any ointment or lymph fluids.
- NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and loss of pigment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Every few hours throughly rinse your eyebrows with distilled water. This will clean off any body fluids that come up after getting you tattoo. Do this for 5 days as frequently as possible (about every 2 hours). To thoroughly rinse/clean your eyebrows gently blot with a damp paper towel.
- In addition to rinsing your eyebrows apply a thin layer of Aquaphor with a q-tip. Maintain a very thin layer throughout the day, reapplying as often as needed. Make sure you never have to much at one time.
- The aftercare process should be continued for 5-7 days after the tattooing. If you notice a little flaking, dryness, or tightness you may switch to a gentle lotion like Lubriderm (unscented).
- Use a good sunscreen because sun exposure will fade your cosmetic tattoo.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your cosmetic tattoo.
- The regular use of RetinA/Tretinoin or any other rapid skin exfoliation products used on the forehead will cause the cosmetic tattoo to fade prematurely.
- The use of chemical peels and acid peels regularly on the forehead can cause cosmetic tattoos to fade prematurely.
Booking Fee $100 ( non-refundable, holds appointment and goes toward your service)
First Visit $350
Follow Up Appointment $175
Color boost within 1 – 2 years of last visit $325
Color boost after 2 years of last visit $400
Color boost after 3 years of last visit $475
Sign up with your email address for the latest news, pro tips and exclusive offers.